Highlights & Itinerary
8:30 – 17:00
Full day tour from Split
Enjoy quad safari of European natural phenomenon and biggest herd of wild horses, plus experience unforgettable natural Bosnian landscape & organic gastronomy of Bosnia and Hercegovina in a full-day tour from Split.
- Experience unique safari with wild horses
- 3h quad drive in the amazing landscape (Livno, mountain Cincar and Kruzi, Glamočko field)
- Taste best of Bosnian specialties for breakfast and two-course lunch!
- Swim stop in at Mandek lake
- 08:30 Departure from Split (meeting point 15 min earlier at church Sv. Frane)
- 10:00 Arrival to Livno, Bosnia.
- 10:00 – 10:30 Local breakfast ‘Burek’ (cheese, meat or veggie) with yogurt
- 10:30 – 13:00 Quad safari on the local mountains including the tour of the herds of wild horses, interaction with the horses and photographing, panoramic view of amazing landscape – Livno & Glamočko field
- 13:45 – 15:00 Organized traditional lunch in the charming tavern, including best local specialty veal prepared by traditional ‘peka’ (baking bell) + soup, salad and 1 drink (soft drinks/water/beer/wine)
- 15:15 – 17:00 Return to Split with short swim stop at Mandek lake
What To Expect
Did you know that mountain Cincar next to the town Livno, is the only place in the Europe where one can see that many beautiful wild horses at one place? These herds are offspring of tamed horses, who were left by the owners decades ago to live free and today total counts up more are than 600 horses that live in this area. This natural phenomenon can be explored in a unique tour from Split and fun day fulfilled with great highlights in Livno area.
Start your day with a great local breakfast which will give you an energy for an adventure ahead of you. ‘Burek’ comes from a family of baked filled pastries made of a thin flaky dough, typically filled with meat but can also be filled with cheese, potato, spinach…almost anything and tastes best served with a yogurt!
Journey continuous with a highlight of the day – 3 hours of quad tour in an amazing setting where you will experience natural beauties of Livno & Glamočko field and mountains Cincar and Kruzi. Local guide will lead you across all the best routes and explain you more about the local area and ultimately coming to the safari of wild horses. Horses are very used to people so you can interact with them or make unforgettable photos.
After the quad safari, guide will take you to the charming local tavern where new Bosnian specialties await. Two-course lunch will be served with the best of local meat prepared in a ‘peka’ method (vegetarian options are available). Refresh yourself with soft drinks or beer and share experiences with rest of the group.
On a transfer back to Split, there will be a short swim on the beautiful Mandek Lake to complete this unique tour.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- 3 h quad ride & wild horses safari (safety equipment included)
- Fresh water+ elderberry juice during quad tour
- Guide of a quad tour
- Local breakfast (‘burek’ meat or cheese pie + yogurt)
- Traditional lunch in a tavern (soup, veal under ‘peka’, salad – vegetarion options available)
- 1 drink (water/soft drinks/beer or wine)
- Swim stop at Maden Lake (depending on the weather conditons)
- Transfer two-way (20 Eur p.p.)
Departure & Return
Departure point / Return point
Meeting point location on Google maps:
NOTE: Please be at the meeting point half an hour before departure time
Pricing & Cancellations
Price per Adult
1.6. – 31.10. 750 Hrk / 100 Eur per person
* minimum age: children 12 yrs
Transfer two-way (20 Eur p.p.)
You pay the transfer in the van.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the tour start date.
COVID safety measures
- Disinfectant equipment
- Buying tickets and check in is contactless
- Avoiding crowds
- Small capacity
- Valid driver’s license (B category)
- Sign the waiver of responsibility and acceptance
What to bring
- Good outdoors shoes
- Swimsuits during summertime
- Outdoor clothes suitable for the weather conditions
- Adventurous spirit
WEDNESDAY, FRIDAY & SUNDAY
08:45 – 14:00 Day excursion
Cruise on mega catamaran and swim in the sky blue sea with unlimited drinks and tasty food menu.
68 Eur per person (All inclusive)