You are interested to book our day boat trips from Split to Hvar? We have prepared interested guide tour in the old town, here are some of the cool facts:
- Ok, you have probably heard that Hvar is the sunniest island in Europe, with over 2715 hours of sunlight in an average year. But we’re sure you didn’t know that is almost impossible to experience snow here. Moreover, if you enjoy snow on this island, they will provide for you free accommodation during your vacation!
- Did you know that the inventor of dactylography, a method of discovering lawbreakers using fingerprints, was Ivan Vučetić (1858-1925) from Hvar!
- The oldest European theatre is not situated in England or France, no my friend. 🙂 One of the great cultural treasures of Croatia: the first public theatre in Europe is waiting for you on the main square of Hvar town, built in 1612! You can still see it on your trip to Hvar.
- Mmmmm, just try to smell it! Lavender from Hvar is the finest in all of Europe. On HVar it is grown in ideal setting (warm climate and suitable hilly ground). A fragrant bag of “Lavandula Croatica” or a bottle of etherical lavender oil is an ideal and practical souvenir that will remind your sould and every pore in your body of holidays in Croatia!
- Finally but not least – if women give birth during navigation on a ferry boat, that baby will have free ride on boat line from Split to Hvar for the rest for his life! 🙂